Friday, January 30, 2009

Going to Baltimore

After what will be a 31 day stint in the ICU, Yale will be leaving NY Downtown on Monday morning, bound for a residential rehab program at Hopkins in Baltimore. He has been off the vent for several days now and doing just fine. We would have had him moved down here sooner, but we couldn't get a bed until Monday. The folks at Hopkins will be focusing on getting his pulmonary function back up to snuff as well as general physical rehab to overcome the effects of a month in bed. We are sure that in a few weeks, Dad will be up and about and getting back to a normal life, having put this episode thoroughly behind him.

My favorite indicator of the craziness of this past month: I just got my cell phone bill and I exceeded my plan allotment by 1,684 minutes and 210 texts, resulting in a bill of over $700!! Verizon was nice enough to bump my plan allotments up retroactively, fitting me in a $109 plan - sure beats $700.

No comments:

Post a Comment